This project is read-only.

Unable to run website.

Topics: User Forum
Sep 26, 2006 at 9:16 AM
After i have installed the product on my TFS application server (i'm using single server, domain accounts), i get the following error about some vjslib file. Maybe i do not have it installed? Is it required?

Server Error in '/Automaton' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 58: <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 59: <add assembly="System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 60: <add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 61: <add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Tasks, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 62: <add assembly="System.Messaging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Automaton\web.config Line: 60

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.62
Sep 26, 2006 at 2:05 PM
you need to download and install the:

Visual J# Version 2.0 Redistributable Package
For use with the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vjsharp/downloads/howtoget/default.aspx

jason
Sep 27, 2006 at 12:39 AM
eeeks :) really?

was there any discussion or comment on this pre-requisite? bummer that it's in j# and not c# (or whatever comes DEFAULT with .net 2.0 framework).
Oct 6, 2006 at 10:12 PM
I don't know what happened, but it looks like perhaps a J# reference had sneaked into the web.config.

After moving from Web Site Project to Web Application Project we removed all the references in the web.config.

From version 1.0.9 I don't think you need to install the J# runtime any longer.