This project is read-only.

Is Email notification supported?

Topics: User Forum
Nov 14, 2006 at 7:06 PM
The home page mentions that build success/failure can be sent via email or MSN. I don't see a way to configure email. Looking at the code (1.0.10), it appears it is simply hard-coded for testing. Is email support planned, or does it currently exist and I am missing something fundamental?
Nov 19, 2006 at 7:10 PM
You are correct that there are no built in feature for sending e-mails at the moment. We are working on implementing a profile framework that will allow users to configure their e-mail address.

Personally we are using the Microsoft SDC tasks for TFS, which has a Email task like this:

<Email MailTo="adress@mail.com" MailFrom="tfs@tfs01" SmtpServer="10.0.0.2" Subject="Build succeeded" Body="Your changes have been successfully built." Format="HTML" />

This can be downloaded from here:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/codegallery.aspx?id=b4d6499f-0020-4771-a305-c156498db75e

I don't know when we will have full e-mail support built into the system, but we are working on it. I would like to have a diff-gram sent by e-mail so that developers can easily see what has changed in the recent build.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:17 PM
It would be nice to have an option to get e-mail notification only for failed builds.