Feature Requests!

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2006 at 10:40 PM
Please post your feature requests in this thread. Nothing is to small and nothing is to big and nothing is to stupid :)

This can help us plan for the future and add features that are more urgent and wanted.
Oct 24, 2006 at 8:14 PM
Is there any way to harness some build types and not others? In any given team project, I have two build types minimum. One for CI, and one for nightly -> Test. I only want the CI build to fire on check in, and not the nightly.

If there isn't some way to do this already, then I'd love to see that in next ver!
Oct 24, 2006 at 8:16 PM
My company blocks MSN messenger. . . I want a messenging service for monitoring builds like CCTray. Any chance?
Nov 3, 2006 at 12:58 AM
Request
The 'changes' main menu option is project based please. Currently we see all the changes for all the projects on the TFS server.

Question
I'm also assuming that the CI is project based - so if i have three build types for projectA (2 CI enabled, 1 CI disabled) and two build types for projectb (2 CI enabled), then when i check something into project_A, only the two enabled projects will fire off? If i'm wrong, then i would like to make a request to make the CI enabled/disabled be project based.

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2006 at 12:10 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 5123. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Filtering has been added to the Changes page. Only filtering option available is a team project dropdown. We can easily extend this to filter on users or custom source control paths. But for simplicity and to get it into the next release, we've keept it to a single filter option.

Answer to the other questions regarding CI, you can now in the released version easily disable CI for specific projects by expanding the details on your build types and choosing the Tasks option.

We are working on a tray application for build notifications and we'll be using Web Service polling for communication. It means the tray application will access the Automaton Dashboard, so it will run and work on your network as long as you can access the dashboard (http port 80 by default).
Nov 6, 2006 at 4:46 AM
new request :: Multi-delete for build history.

On the page that lists all the build histories, there is an 'X' image which can remove the history from the list. It works fine. Well, i have bucket loads of items in the history - so it would be nice if we could tick all the boxes and delete 'all ticked' builds for deletion.

would be easier than clicking each one.

cheers :)
Nov 8, 2006 at 6:06 PM
It would be real nice and easy to be able to call up automated testers like Slick Tester after the builds have completed successfully.