Access to the path is denied error.

Topics: User Forum
Nov 3, 2006 at 7:32 PM
Hello again.

I'm having an issue deleting builds via Automaton. I always get the message below. I have tried explicitly granting access to both the share and the physical directory to several possible accounts (the account given to Automation, the account IIS is running under, the NETWORK SERVICE account, etc.) but I always get the error. Any ideas?

Server Error in '/Automaton' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access to the path '\\BUILD\TFSDROP\Admin DEV20061102.1\BuildLog.txt' is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Access to the path '\\BUILD\TFSDROP\APP DEV20061102.1\BuildLog.txt' is denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

ApplicationException: Access to the path '\\BUILD\TFS_DROP\APP DEV_20061102.1\BuildLog.txt' is denied.
Automaton.Web.Dashboard.Build.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +329
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
Nov 3, 2006 at 7:35 PM
Hum. Can't edit posts. I changed the actual path in the message but didn't change them all :( trust me that they started out all the same. Yes, there is a space in the build name (dunno if it matters).