Expanding Build in Dashboard -> Crashes

Topics: User Forum
Nov 14, 2006 at 10:20 PM
I just installed Automaton, and when I go to the dashboard it is correctly displaying my 2 team builds. But when I try to expand one of them to see the details (click the +) it gives me an ASP.Net error. This happens when I try to expand either of my Build Types. I can manually start my build and it starts just fine. And I can get into the build history, changeset history, and it appears pretty much everything else in the product except this portion.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 28: context.Response.Cache.SetExpires(DateTime.Now.AddYears(-1));
Line 29:
Line 30: TeamFoundationExtensions.Controls.BuildDetailsRender.ProcessRequest(context);
Line 31: }
Line 32:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Automaton\build_details.ashx Line: 30

Stack Trace:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
TeamFoundationExtensions.Controls.BuildDetailsRender.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +1791
builddetails.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Automaton\builddetails.ashx:30
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:22 PM
I just found a bug report for this issue, appears I'm not the only one encountering it: http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=automation&WorkItemId=5138

Is there any workaround that doesn't involve monkeying around with the Automaton source?
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2006 at 6:45 PM
The issues has been fixed and released in 1.0.11, please download and verify that it fixes your issues.