This project is read-only.

Server Error in '/Automaton' Application when expanding the Associated changesets on a build report

Topics: User Forum
Dec 12, 2006 at 10:51 AM
Hi,

I am receiving a server error when expanding the associated changesets on a build report.

Stack trace:

[ClientException: Access is denied.
(Windows)
Could not create metadata cache directory '???????'. (Work Item Tracking Metadata Cache)
The system cannot find the path specified.
(Windows)
Could not create metadata cache directory '???????'. (Work Item Tracking Metadata Cache)
Could not open file '????????'. (Work Item Tracking Metadata Cache)
Access is denied.
(Windows)
The system cannot find the path specified.
(Windows)
Could not open file '????????'. (Work Item Tracking Metadata Cache)
Could not initialize metadata cache for product '?ÞÞ?ÞÞ??'. (Work Item Tracking Metadata Cache)
Unspecified error
(Windows)]

UnexpectedErrorException: Cannot complete the operation. An unexpected error occurred.
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.DataStore.HandleComException(Int32 hr) +98
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.DataStore.DatastoreClass.ConnectEx(String connectionString, Int32 hCredentials, String defaultCachePath, String instanceId, String userSamName, String userFriendlyName, String userSid) +379
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemStore.InitializeInternal() +821
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemStore.Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.ITeamFoundationServerObject.Initialize(TeamFoundationServer teamFoundationServer) +90
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationServer.CreateITFSObjectInstance(Type serviceType) +137
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationServer.GetService(Type serviceType) +241
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Changeset.get_WorkItemStore() +31
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Changeset.get_WorkItems() +24
TeamFoundationExtensions.Controls.ChangesetRender.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +1387
Automaton.Web.Dashboard.ChangesetHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +135
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

I have given IIS_WPG read/write access to the cache folder of the user running the builds.

Any ideas as to what is causing this as I'm at a bit of a loss now??

Thanks

Glenn.
Dec 19, 2006 at 11:03 AM
I was able to sort out the permissions problem by adding the following to the web.config file and giving the service account read/write access.

<appSettings>
<add key="WorkItemTrackingCacheRoot" value="c:\FolderForCache" />
</appSettings>

FolderForCache is where you would like the working item tracking cache to be generated.